Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Clue #2

Moving slowly into clue #2.

It always seems that when I am under intense amounts of stress I get sick. I guess it's normal. I don't foresee an end to my stressors, but I do think I need to find a way to build up my immune system. So since I've been feeling under the weather, I've cut a little of clue #2 and even made up one block to get a feel for it. The first block is a little scraggly, but I did it. I had to read and reread the instructions a couple times. For some reason I was having a hard time visualizing what was being said.

We've been having some wintery weather, ice, sleet, snow and even a thunderstorm in the midst of it all, but it's been mostly rain. Oreo is mostly an outdoor cat, and our youngest is pretty allergic to cats. We got the cat when she was a baby and realized she was allergic later. So the only room in the house the cat is allowed in is my sewing room. He's not the friendliest cat and I hate finding hair on my fabrics, but we manage to co-exist. Here he is keeping my green fabrics warm.

All day long the cat is at the back door wanting to go out. I open the door, he realizes the weather is still bad and he stays in. We repeat this several times a day. His disappointment is palpable.

I am back to work on clue #2. Spent part of the morning attempting to clean my workspace. I'm not sure how succesful I was. Clutter seems to build up fast around here. Here is a picture of where the quilting happens. As an introvert, the thing I really wish is that the room didn't have glass doors that open into the living room. Sometimes I just want to hide!

Back to work!

4 comments:

  1. I like your colors. I am still working on clue #1, hope to start cutting for #2 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oreo is so beautiful...I have 2 cats, house cats, too many predators here where we live...Oreo looks very comfy there on your fabric!..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have the cousin to your cat. Same scenario here. Whining to go out, pokes his nose out, sees the snow, and backs right into the room again. Repeat 100 times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you decided to blog as it really is great fun and a wonderful way in which to meet sew many lovely people. Your colors are lovely and I love Oreo. I know the cat hair can be a problem for quilters but it is beyond wonderful that you opened your home and heart to Oreo. LOL on Oreo and the door--welcome to the cat world.

    ReplyDelete